Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've been playing catchup and working on some new samples to show my guy at the gift shop. He has given me a long list of stock he needs and that is a little daunting. He also wants some new designs - I find the designing takes such a long time sometimes! I finally came up with a couple of more new Mother's Day designs which are interchangeable into a wedding card and birthday card so I guess that's a good thing.

I'm toying with submitting some work to one of the stamping magazines. I've never done that before but I think it would be a nice challenge and kind of fun. My DH is on my back about not overcommitting myself but he doesn't really understand what that is all about. He sees it as me taking on too much and then getting stressed out and sick. But that really isn't what that is all about. I get so caught up in doing things that "must" get done but I haven't seemed to be doing any fun things so I'm trying to stretch my creative muscles by doing stuff just because I want to do them.

I am picked at myself because I had set a goal for myself to do one 3o Minute Collage a week and I haven't been able to meet that goal. I just seem to have so much on the go right now and so many ideas zipping around in my head. I'm having a hard time staying focused. My boredome threshold seems to be very low - they say people who are very intelligent are easily bored and distracted - at least that's what I keep telling myself!!

I did manage to get one page in my art journal painted. I also went through and glued a bunch of pages together for stability so maybe I'm actually getting something accomplished. I have this idea for a page in my journal and this phrase to go with it that I just can't get out of my head so I think I may actually have to commit it to paper. Will post some new work in the next little while so stay tuned.

No comments: