Friday, April 30, 2010

Just popping in to update the blog although not much exciting happening in my world. My second week at work is done, but not without some issues. The boils that I cursed prior to and just after my surgery are back. I had to make a trip to the family doctor to have this one attended to. It appears that boils are a staph infection - who knew ? - and that I'm very susceptible to that sort of infection. Isn't that special? I won't go into all the details, suffice it to say the doc had to open it up. Nasty business that and still nasty 2 days later. This explains why I've been feeling sick and dragging my behind for the last several weeks because I had no energy and have been so tired!

Work has been busy but I think we're finally making some progress. I think the message that we're sending out is finally getting across so hopefully things will be a little smoother over the next several weeks. I'm still not clear on what my role will be but I think it will evolve into more responsibility and I'm ok with that so it's all good.

For those of you who are not canadian, April 30th is the deadline for paying the dreaded tax man. I had so hoped to get a refund but clearly that's not happening. I ended up taking my taxes to the accountant to do and I only owe about 2K instead of 4K - something to be glad for I guess although it means that I'll have to rob Peter to pay Paul. Does it ever end?

Well, must run. I'm in the middle of making up some mother's day cards for the store. I need to deliver them tomorrow so I'd best get to it!

Caio!

No comments: