Friday, June 29, 2007

I haven't posted for quite awhle - it's been a busy couple of weeks that's for sure! I've been in major catchup mode with the store. Trying to get stock and new designs in there as quickly as possible but will definitely need to get some serious production happening. Husband is going away on Sunday and will be gone for 18 days. I'll have some time to myself to just do my own thing! Wooooohoooo! I've taken the same amount of time off so will be working like a fiend to get caught up.

I tend to flit from thing to thing. It's not uncommon for me to start a major project or task at midnight if that's when the inspiration hits me! I'm not able to do that when he's here - he gets all weirded out about me not getting enough sleep, getting stressed out, getting sick, all that sort of thing. But when he's gone - watch out! I'm free to be as sporadic and unstructured as I want to be and that is kind of fun!

My "to do" list is a mile long. It should be interesting to see how much I actually get done while he's away! I plan to get lots of work done but also plan to do some "fun" things. I definitely want to make a paper run over the line to Bellingham. The Paper Zone down there is to die for! Right next door is Stampadoodle - an awesome Rubber Stamp store. Hmmm, I think I see a plan coming together. Don't ya love that?

I've let my "30 minute collage" project - which I committed to back in January - totally fall by the wayside. I got one done but wasn't all that happy with it - it just didn't look finished. I could not for the life of me decide what I needed to do to complete it. I kept looking at it but it just wouldn't click and so I kind of ran out of steam. I'm so mad at myself that I didn't keep my committment to myself! I really want to make an effort to get back on track with that!

Looking forward to doing less "work" and more art. Will be posting some of my accomplishments in the couple of days! Stay tuned!

No comments: