Monday, July 26, 2010

My daughter bought me an early birthday present - tickets to see Trace Atkins and Toby Keith. The concert was last night and it was fabulous! We had dinner at Applebee's first and then headed down to Roger's Place for the festivities. The crowd was a good mix, all ages and pretty well behaved. We didn't see any nonsense, although I'm sure there must have been some. Music was great and Trace Atkins is H-O-T! How hot is he? SMOKIN' H-O-T !!!

Kerry included underground parking when she purchased the tickts so we were able to park right under the stadium. It was quick, convenient and safe and we were out of there in good time, no lineups when leaving which is a huge bonus. She was the DD as I had a couple of beers - under those circumstances I will not get behind the wheel. Beverages were a little pricey - 3 beers, a bottle of water and a pop ended up costing me $33. I wasn't all the surprised as Kerry had warned me. I don't go to concerts very often and I never consume alcohol there as I'm usually the driver so it was kind of a treat to be able to have a few during the concert. It's certainly not something I do frequently so it was all good. Great time and a hightlight of my summer!

The weather here on the coast has been fabulous. We're into our third straight week of fabulous weather - finally! My garden is doing well, except for my green onions which are pretty much non-existent. I think I over-watered my red lettuce - it seems to have gone into decline although it is finally starting to perk up again. I have 2 tomatoes on my plants, small and green, but tomatoes none the less. I gave them some fertilizer, and also fertilized by flowers so they're doing pretty well all things considered. I'm looking forward to the time when I can finally eat some homegrown lettuce.

Well must run. I'm still in catchup mode. I need to finish up a few things so I can deliver them to the store today. Caio!

No comments: