Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where has the month of May gone? I cannot believe that it is almost the end of the month already! I can remember when I was a child - the days seemed to go on forever but now they just seem to fly!

I put my hummingbird feeder up and the hummers are back! I do so love those little birds. They are really cute - so feisty and territorial when the feeder first goes up. At first they buzz around and fly off but as time goes by and they get more used to having people around, they tend to be less skittish. We have the feeder by our basement window so it provides entertainment for the cats and gives the hummers a little bit of a buffer between them and the patio.

My garden is finally in, and almost complete. I still want to pick up a figurine of some sort for the garden. My all time favourite would be a heron sculpture but they are fairly expensive and I'm not really sure how durable they are so that probably won't happen. There's a terrific garden centre - or so I hear - out in Maple Ridge. It's called Trice Farms and I've heard rave reviews about it so will have to make some time to go out there. Not really sure what I want except I do know, I do not want any of those ugly little gnomes!

We're off to a traditional Asian wedding on Saturday. One of my husband's co-workers is getting married. It's a day long affair - ceremony at 11 am, then a celebratory luncheon. I believe this is mostly for friends and such. Then there is the big reception which is being held in Richmond at one of the seafood restaurants. It's going to be something like 12 courses and the bride will be changing into a traditional chinese gown for that reception. I don't really know how many people will be there but I think this one is more for family etc. I'm looking forward to it.

I will be playing some golf on Thursday. This is my first round since we came back from Palm Springs. I'm looking forward to it, particularly since the weather is supposed to be really good. My score might not be so good but I'm sure the exercise will do me good!

No comments: