Monday, July 04, 2016

Feeling Great.

I started my hormone blocking therapy and so far have suffered few side effects.  I also had my osteo shot which I will get every 6 months for the next 5 years.  No problems (so far) there either.

Fatigue is ongoing and while it's not as bad as it was when I was on heavy duty chemo, I still have days when I have to take a nap which usually lasts about 3 hours.  I guess my body is telling me I need the rest.

The only issue ongoing is getting to sleep at night.  Pre-chemo I could fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.  Now it is not uncommon for me to lie away for more than an hour.  I know, I know, I should get up after 20 minutes without sleep but I keep hoping it will pass. Once I fall asleep I'm fine, it's the getting to sleep that's the problem.  Hopefully this will pass in time.  If it doesn't then I may need to get a perscription for sleeping pills.

I feel good however, I know I don't have the stamina that I had a year ago.  Now going out to lunch tires me and I have to come home and have a sleep.  I am hoping I will gradually get my strength back  but then again, this may be my new normal.



No comments: