Sunday, August 14, 2016

Just an update on my treatment

Things are going really well for me.  My oncology doctor gave me medication to help me sleep.  I took it for a couple of days in a row and then stopped, then took a couple of more days and stopped. This medication can be addictive so I want to be very careful that I only use it when I really need it. The meds seem to be working to reset my system.  My sleepless nights have decreased radically and now I only take 1/2 a pill very infrequently.

During my last visit with the oncologist, he informed me that I'm 2/3rds of the way through my chemo and only have 6 more sessions until I'm done.  Wooohoo!  I also had a MUGA test (a test to see if there is any damage to your heart from the treatment) and over the last 3 tests my heart function has increased by about 25 % so I'm very happy about that.

I'm feeling better and I'm looking better - not so pasty and white - so it's all good.

Caio!

No comments: