Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I hate my journal page

I've completed my art journal page and I absolutely hate it !  It looks like a piece of garbage.  I am so frustrated as I've spent a lot of time and effort on this thing and it stinks big time. I refuse to rip it out of my journal. I feel like I'm just wasting my time on something that is never going to get any better.   I just finally said enough already.  I journalled about how much I hate it and I'm calling it a day and moving on to something else.

I'm really frustrated with myself and my lack of inspiration.  I follow Journal Artista religiously and I've seen all the pages she creates with circles and swirls.  She makes it look so easy and her work is so vibrant.  Mine ends up looking like a dog's breakfast.  I don't know if I'm overworking it or overthinking it, or maybe I just don't have a friggin clue what I'm doing.  What the hell is going on?  Suffice it so say I AM FED UP !!

I've spent a lot of time on the computer during this vacation - surfing Youtube and watching journal videos.  I feel like I've really learned a lot and that I have a better understanding of the process.  Having said that, I can't seem to find my style and I can't seem to make what I've done work.  Out of 2 pages, one is ok and the other?  Not so much.

I'm hoping that part of the problem is that I have very limited supplies with me - just a few stamps, a little acrylic paint and some watercolour crayons.  All my colour washes and other paints and tools are at home.  I keep telling myself that the lack of supplies is what's causing the problem.  I really hope that's the case!    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I just needed to vent!  Enough whining.   I'll post by "hated " page when I get home.  You can judge for yourselves.

Caio

No comments: