Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life is good!

The weather here in PS has been a little on the cool side.  The last couple of days it's been windy and cool and last night we had a pretty good storm.  They had snow in Joshua Tree and about 12 inches in the higher elevations over 3000 feet.

Yesterday we had a lazy day and just lay around until around 2 pm.  I decided since it wasn't a particularly nice day that I'd do some errands.  We hit Michaels for a bottle of craft paint and some decorative tape.  I didn't plan to buy a lot, however there were bargoons to be had.  Need I say more? I scored a "Doodle style" smash book (very cool) for $ 12.95, 3 smash pads @ $ 1.99 each, 3 KC company tag stacks @ 1.99 each and some very cute black and white polka dot tape.  Very cute!  I have no idea what these cost back in Vancouver but I suspect  I would have paid considerably more.  I'm in a travelling journal swap and I brought that journal with me to PS.  I also brought one of my own journals with me to work in, hence the "need" for some white acrylic paint, which I also picked up at Michaels.

Next stop was ULTA where I purchased some Bare Minerals foundation and blush.  I had an on-line coupon for 20% off one item, but who knew?  It didn't apply to Prestige cosmetics.  Big surprise there! No big deal not being able to use it - just seems that I can never take advantage of a coupon as I never buy the right product.  Story of my life!

Last stop was dinner at Di Carlos Italian Restaurant  in Rancho Mirage where my daughter treated me (treated...is that even a word?) to dinner.  This restaurant is always on our "must do" list. The food is scrumptious, the staff and owner are really friendly and the service is great.  His business is just a license to print money!  Line-ups most of the time at night so you need to get there early or be prepared to wait.  They have an early bird menu that runs from 3 (I think) until 6pm.  On the special you get your choice of 3 or 4 selections which are a "smaller" size entree - yeah right, I can never eat all of it and I have a good appetite! - salad with homemade garlic dressing (to die for) and garlic bread for $ 9.95.  What a deal!  I highly recommend that you check them out if you're in the Coachella Valley.

We were home by 6:15 and just hung out in front of the fire for the rest of the evening. We watched the Canucks game - GO CANUCKS - and then some of the Property Brothers (love those guys). At around 1 am I gravitated to the computer where I surfed until after 3.  Then off to bed, where you guessed it, I couldn't sleep.  Oh well, guess I'll be in bed early tonight.  That's what holidays are for, right?  Life is good.

Caio !

No comments: