Thursday, January 05, 2012

Happy New Year !

Good morning and Happy New Year ! 

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, mostly because I never seem to keep them.  However, I am prepared to go out on a limb and share 2 of my resolutions with you.

Resolution #1 is to work in  my art Journal , as in having an entry, for every day of the month of January.  That's a huge commitment for me so I'm excited to see if I can really do it.  I have a real problem with putting words to the page so while I've committed to journalling every day, the content will be short, sweet and not necessarily wordz.  I've gone to a smaller journal for 2012 and I'm not binding the pages until after the work is complete.  I'm liking that so far!  I've also sectioned off my first page so there is very little space to fill in for each day.    I'm hoping because I don't have to fill a full page, that this will help me get past the fear of the blank page.  Definitely a work in progress!

Resolution # 2 is to post to the blog on a more regular basis.  I know, I know, I've said that before.....so now I'm saying it again!  I've pretty much opted out of Live Journal, just not enough hours in the day!  My goal is to post a minimum of twice weekly (for a minimum of 104 posts for 2012).  I think I'll make an appointment with myself  twice a week to do this.  Perhaps Thursday and Sunday?  Or Wednesday and Saturday?  Anyway you get the picture.  I was gifted with a killer daytimer so these appointments will get entered in "the book" which is pretty much what I use to manage my life.

I have some art from 2011 that I'll post next time.   I know, I know - you've heard that before too!

So far this is a baby step on the path to achieving one of my goals for 2012.  1 post down and only 103 to go!   Stay tuned.

Caio!

No comments: