Monday, August 01, 2011

Today is BC Day which means that all government workers get today off so it makes for a nice long weekend.

I've been busy on the home front.  I dug out my garden at the front of my townhouse.  There were a bunch of rhodos and azaleas that were way too big and overgrown.  The roots were a bit of a challenge to remove on a couple of them but we managed, with the help of a friend at the end, to get everything out and the bed cleared.  Turns out there were only 4 rhodoa and 3 azaleas but it was a veritable jungle in there.  Everything was way too big and overgrown to be even remotely estetically pleasing.  Just a big blob of green.  I want colour !!

I sent my plant list into the strata and I'm waiting for thier approval to proceed with the planting.  However, I did go ahead and buy a few things yesterday as the deal was way too good to resist.  The local nursery has a huge sale on as it's getting near the end of the season here.  I scored 3 roses for the price of 2 so that was a big saving of $25.  WoooHooo!  As the roses are in the plan I submitted to the strata and everyone around here has them, I can't see there being any problem with going ahead and planting them.  Famous last words?

I had intended to do some overtime at work this weekend but changed my mind at the last minute.  I have so much to do here at home I just decided that I needed to be here instead.  And clearly I made the right choice!  I made and delivered a bunch of wedding cards for the store - my guy is soooooo patient!  I hope to get another batch finished today so DD can deliver tomorrow or Wednesday.  I did the nursery trip and have some other artsy projects in the hopper so it's all good.

Friends are coming over today to help me ---- well actually, there is no "helping" involved -- he'll do all the work and we'll watch.  They are such good friends - I don't know what I would do without them.  DD and I try to do things but sometimes it's just beyond us.  Sometimes it would be so nice to have a man around!  My friend will replace my thermostat with a programmable one so hopefully we can save some money on heat.  He's also installing a new smoke detector which I replaced after I had my place painted.  We're a little intimidated with the smoke detector because it means turning off the power.  We've been told that this might require the gas pilot lite to be relit afterwards....I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.  With my luck, I'd do something wrong and we'd all get blown to china!  Best not to go down that road.

Well must run.  I want to water my garden and then grab some breakfast.  I'm hoping to be able to retreat to my studio for a little while and finish up some cards before the day gets away from me.

Caio!

No comments: