Friday, December 10, 2010

We had the office Christmas party on Thursday night and it went really well. We got together at the Washington Avenue Grill (WAG) in White Rock. The restaurant reminds me of one of the old fashioned Kegs - you know you walk in on the main level and climb the stairs to the second floor for the restaurant? Lots of wood and old stuff and some very nice looking purple chandeliers. There was entertainment - a 2 piece band - and they played jazzy type music, some Neil Young, Clapton, that sort of thing. Nice ambiance, good service and really good food. I'd go back again, possibly in the summer when you can actually sit outside and enjoy the ocean.

We did a tour of the new HQ building today. This thing is absolutely huge - it's 3 football fields long and will be 7 storeys high when complete. All state of the art! The completion date is supposed to be early 2013 and the building will accomodate 2800 employees. That's like a small city!

Not ready for Christmas, not even close to being ready! I've purchased one gift for DD and I've ordered some Purdy's on line for my dad. Other than that, nada! DD put the tree up for me today - looks fabulous and it's such a big help to me that she does this! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it! I hope to finish up my christmas cards this weekend and get the ones that need to go a long distance out maybe Monday or Tuesday. The local cards can go out a little later if need be. If I can get the energy, I would like to try to do some shopping this week after work. Once the stores are open late every night, I find hitting the stores, after work, between about 5 pm and 7 pm works really well for me. I can get a lot accomplished in a short period of time and the hordes don't start to show up until after supper. We'll see..

Reno is still unfinished. He tells me that he'll be here on Monday to finish the tiles. I've told him I want this completed this coming week and he assures me that he only has a couple of more days of work to do. I'm looking forward to wrapping this up. My house looks like a bomb went off in it and it has looked this way since the end of August. It's starting to get on my nerves!

I'm off to a funeral slash celebration of life tomorrow. If I have the energy afterwards, I may do a little shopping. Problem is that when I go shopping for someone else, I always find tons of stuff for myself. Not good, not good! Sunday I need to work on some art and maybe get a little cleanup done in the house.

Treated myself to a new set of acryilc nails and I am so pleased. My hands no longer look like ugly claws - they actually look like human hands now. Vanity - thy name is woman!!

No comments: