Sunday, December 05, 2010

So little time and so much to do!

Work has been extremely busy. My supervisor is out with a death in the family, a second person who was in a car accident and couple of staffing and/or hiring issues we're trying to resolve. Then on Thursday, I found out that the gentleman I've worked for during the last 2 1/2 years is leaving the unit. His last full day was Friday. He's a very nice guy and I'm happy for him that he's moving on to a new situation but I'm also sorry to see him go. He's been very good to me. Since I act in my supervisor's absence, my already full plate is now overflowing. Good grief what more can happen? That was a rhetorical question, so universe do not feel the need to orchestrate anything else!

My reno is humming along. Counters, garburator and overhead lighting is in. My guy is working on the tiles and we're hoping that the backsplash is finished by next weekend. Then it's just a matter of the under-counter lighting, which should be a snap, and then he's done! Woohoo! It looks great so far and I can't wait til the backsplash is done.

Thursday morning I was walking across the parking lot at work. I had forgotten my phone so went down to get if from my car. On my way back across the lot to the office, I took a header on the pavement. I think I stepped in a little hole, but not really sure as it was so dark. I didn't have any warning, next thing I knew I had done a face plant on the pavement. Instinctively I put my hands out to break my fall so I'm very lucky I didn't hurt myself worse. The first thing that went through my mind was, oh my gawd my broken jaw! I did hit my face, but it's only a scrape on the front of my chin, under my mouth. I didn't actually hit my jaw on the ground, just some road rash which bled profusely. Now I have an ugly scab on my chin which everyone politely pretends that they don't see! I bruised my left hand and my left wrist is tender, possibly sprained from breaking my fall. I also have a skinned right knee and a tiny scrape on my right palm. All in all, very minor compared to the damage I could have done. To add insult to injury, I had an audience. Talk about life's embarrassing moments!

I've been busy this weekend working on art projects. I finished a couple of ATCs for a swap, have some christmas cards to send out for another swap and need to work on 2 scraplings. These scraplings are a totally new concept to me so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. As well, I have completed almost 15 personal christmas cards. These particular cards were fairly labour intensive, however they're nice looking cards so I think the effort has been worth it. I'm still trying to decide whether I'll make all this years cards the same or vary the designs. The only problem with varying the designs is that I won't remember which cards went where next year so not sure what I'm going to do.

I need to finish up a few things this morning and then DD and I might go out for breakfast. It will depend on what time she gets up. She has to be at work for 5 am every morning so she enjoys getting caught up on her sleep on the weekends and I certainly can't blame her for that! Sometimes she'll sleep late into the afternoon and sometimes she's up before noon. We'll have to play that by ear. We may both go for groceries or if she sleeps late enough, she'll probably go by herself and I'll stay at home and work.

Must run. Caio!

No comments: