Saturday, January 08, 2011

I've been woefully absent from my blog for almost the last month. Extremely busy time of year for me both personally and professionally.

We had a very quiet Christmas, just the two of us, and it was lovely. We both enjoyed it immensely. Santa was good to me and spoilt DD ....Santa was out of control. New Years Day, we hosted a small dinner party with a few close friends. Everything went very well, my prime rib was done to perfection. It was a lovely day and I know that DH was there with us in spirit, presiding over the festivities.

I was back to work again on January 4th and right back into the swing of things again. Work is sometimes hectic, frequently crazy and often frustrating. I'm really enjoying it, I'm learning and growing so much, however, I do find it wearing and exhausting, both phyically and psychologically. When I come home at night all I want to do is sleep. There are lots of changes happening, and lots more changes coming in the near future so it should be interesting to see how the unit evolves and grows.

This weekend is my 3 day weekend and I hope to get a few things accomplished. They've been sitting in limbo for far too long and need to be addressed. First and foremost, I have some art projects to finish and send off. The recipients have been very patient but enough is enough. And then of course there is the dreaded housework and clutter control. Two of my least favourite tasks!

Well must run. I've made a commitment with myself to post to the blog more frequently. I have several pieces of artwork to post but would like to take a picture rather than scan. I'll try to do that within the next few days so please swing by again soon to see the updates.

That's it for now....Caio and Happy New Year.

1 comment:

milkcan said...

Glad to see you're getting back into blogging! And so glad that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!