Friday, October 09, 2015

Making progress

I've managed to get the cards to the store Open House (relatively) on time so that's one thing I can check off my list.  I have to admit that this year was tough.  I usually really enjoy creating Christmas cards and gift tags but this year I really struggled.  I wasn't really feeling the love and it took me forever to get my mojo working.  However, it's done and I'm pleased with the designs I created and I hope they do well at the store.

My health is improving - or more to the point I guess - I'm starting to feel like my old self again.  The infection is gone and while it's taking a lot longer to heal, things are going along smoothly.  

My studio looks like someone broke into it and tossed it, which is usually how it looks after I finish a project.  I'm still only halfway through my re-org and found it really irritating that I couldn't find the things I needed to create my cards.  I need to address that now so the plan is to get cracking at it this weekend.  This is our Thanksgiving weekend in Canada - not that that really matters now that I'm retired - however I am still somewhat hooked into the Monday to Friday week cycle.  Old habits die slowly.

Here's one of the Christmas cards I made.  I have to give 
credit where credit is due - not my design, I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.








No comments: