Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm on course in Vancouver Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. I take the WestCoast Express in - although I missed the first train this morning - and it's a nice trip. No fighting traffic, stressing out about finding a parking spot and so on. The course is good, the instructor interesting and entertaining, although the subject matter is a bit dry. My only issue is that I'm having a hard time sitting in those chairs all day.

Anyway end of day comes today and I walk out onto the sidewalk on Seymour Street for the 3 block walk back down to the train and I jar my bad knee. OUUUUUCCHHH! I thought I was going to go down on my ass right there in the middle of the sidewalk. I don't know what happened. The only thing I can think of is that the pavement was sloped and a little uneven. Iwas in serious pain and I limped my way back to the train and finally made it home. Not fun!

This is really not a big thing, however, my knee was just starting to get back to normal and now I've injured it again. Frustrating as hell! And I have the 3 block walk - uphill - to look forward to tomorrow morning. I think I might break down and wear my brace tomorrow altough I'm not entirely sure that it helps. Oh, well, such is life!

Must run to change and then put my leg up and ice my knee. Isn't that special?

No comments: