Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm busily immersed in preparations for the second open house for Little Cricket in Langley BC. While I am prepared in that I've already come up with the designs, I'm still down to the wire with the production. It's always the same thing; I seem to function better under the pressure of having a tight deadline, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I like making Christmas cards, I really do. Getting ready for the open house always gets me in the mood for the upcoming Christmas season. I like to try out variations of the designs I've come up with and will finally decide which one I will make up for my family and friends. Once the production is complete for the open house, I can breathe a sigh of relief because then I can focus on creating stock and making my own little treasures.

I'm feeling a little out of sorts right now though. I have so much I want and need to do but just do not seem to have enough hours in the day to do them. I've procrastinated on making art which is really silly considering that I keep purchasing art supplies for these special projects. I now have enough to open a small store and still I keep buying! What's that all about?

I feel like I'm frozen in place and that I'm not able to do the creative work that I want to do. I have so many thoughts and ideas buzzing around in my head - unwritten poetry, planned but not initiated art journal pages, so many things I want to do. My house, on the other hand, seems to be getting fuller and fuller - stuff seems to be growing everywhere and I can't get motivated to do the tasks that need to be done. I keep telling myself that I'll do those things - eventually - but eventually doesn't ever seem to come.

Frustration reigns supreme ! I often feel overwhelmed and out of control. I'm very much a list girl so I think that may be the root of my issues. When I don't make a list and identify what I need to do, nothing get done. Hmmmm....

No comments: