Monday, May 18, 2009


Here's my latest journal page. It's still a work in progress - I've hit a bit of a wall - so it's untitled at this point. I'm not sure where to go next with it so will move on to a new page and come back to this one later. Hopefully, when I return to it, it'll tell me what I need to do.
My process was to go ahead and prepare all the pages in my journal but I'm not sure that I'll do it that way again. I find it limits me with my choice of image. Or maybe I just have no clue what I'm doing! In any case, next journal, I'll do a page or two at a time and sort of go with the flow. I like this one but find it very pink, not that that's a bad thing!

5 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

found you on TrueNorthArts group.
Your piece is beautiful...I love the eyes and the doodling frames.
you have a very nice blog..
From a prairie gal in Canada
connie paxman

Sandy said...

Thanks for the nice wordz Connie. I found the image in a print add. The image of the eyes is actually only half the image. I saved the other side for another page.

Anonymous said...

i paint some pages before hand. on some i find an image and stick it randomly. in others i make a drawing. and pages just build around them. some pages begin blank.
your journal pages are wayyy cool

Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm really a newbie to art journals (even though I have several books about it) so I have lots to learn. One of my biggest challenges is to make time to work in the journal.

I have just recently started to scribble in a journal I keep by my bedside. I have also started to take that same one with me in my bag so I can jot things down as I think of them.

Thanks for the kind wordz.

Sandy

Arlene said...

Hi, Sandy. Love your Pink piece! But then, I must admit, I do love pink in general. Am enjoying your blog, and exchanging ideas in the Soul Journaling group. Keep at the journaling. I am new to it too, and am getting very hooked on it. Let's stay in touch!