Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm deep in the throes of a major production push - trying to get ready for the Open House at the store is keeping me very busy. Of course, things came up which prevented me from getting as much accomoplished as I would have like but I'm getting there. I have 1 set almost completed, a second set 75% completed and then 3 smaller sets to make up. Delivery is Monday the 15rh - no doubt I will deliver just before close but I am confident I will deliver so that is a good thing.

My shoulder has been killing me for the last week or so. I went back to work on Monday and my shoulder ached so bad on Sunday night that I only got about 2 hours sleep the whole night. I tossed and turned for an hour and a half until I finally got up and watched TV for a couple of hours. I was meeting myself coming and going to heat up my bean bag to put on the shoulder from hell, hoping to kill the pain but it just would not go away. I took a couple of pills before I went to bed - that would be in addition to the 2 valerian I took to help me sleep - and then took another 3 Ibuprofen at 230 because the shoulder was still throbbing like a rotten tooth ache. I got myself into the massage therapist this afternoon - it was wonderful - but by the time I got to work I had a nasty headache, probably from all the tension she forced out during the massage. I have another massage booked for Saturday afternoon so I'm really looking forward to that. Guess I'm back to my twice weekly therapeutic massages - they save my life - I don't think I need to suffer with the shoulder if the message can get rid of the pain.

I haven't posted any art for awhile - I'm working on a couple of ATCs for a season swap that was due on September 30th but which hasn't gone out yet. I was sooooo busy with the Music Deco and other things that I totally forgot about the ATCs so will try to remember to scan them before I send them off.

I'm starting to get a little stressed about the Skinny book I'm in - it's due in Kristy's hands by November 17th and I haven't even started it yet. I have to do 26 pages of original artwork. The good thing about it is that they don't all have to be the same so I plan to design 5 or 6 pages and then do variations on them for the original art. I'm looking forward to that but right now my plate seems pretty full. No one to blame for that but myself though!

Oh, and I treated myself to one of those fancy paper cutters - I think it's called a Dream Kutter (from Dream Kuts). It's designed for 12 x 12 paper - I use standard letter size cardstock - but I've played with the various cuts and I think this little gizmo will save me a ton of time and frustration. I cannot cut a straight line to save my life so I'm really looking forward to getting my hot little hands on this baby!

No comments: