I finally bit the bullet and started my project of reorganizing my studio. OMG – today it’s in quite a state! My supplies and toys are stacked up everywhere and it’s slightly disturbing to see all the “stuff” I’ve accumulated over the last several years.
I purchased wire shelving for my closet and I’m in the process of installing
it. Now to put this in context you have to understand that I am not in any way,
shape or form, what one would term as “handy” around the house. Be that as it
may, I rose to the challenge, emptied my 2 armoires and removed them from the
closet so I can install the shelves. I am now 3 trips later from the hardware
store, purchasing all the things I didn’t know I needed. After getting the
shelves cut to size – 63 inches long – they cut them 62 inches long, I realize
that I left too much wiggle room in the calculations and now the shelf is too
short for the bracket at on end. Really? Who knew? No worries, I kept the
extra pieces so I will be using the famous zip tie to adjust and make the two
pieces work. See what I mean? I learn by trial and error, mostly error, but
you can bet I won’t make that mistake twice!
I have several pieces of storage furniture that I need to add to my studio.
They are still sitting, unassembled, down on my dining room floor. I may have
gotten a little carried away with the furniture. I’m afraid I may not have room
for it all, but I’ll make it work. I’m good at adapting. I’ve hated the
shelving and desk I’ve been using since the day I bought it and I only bought it
because it was cheap. It doesn’t owe me a cent as I’ve used it for more than 10
years and now I’m treating myself to new furniture. I spend so much time in my
studio so it’s time to upgrade.
Well, must run. I’ll be taking “before” pictures tomorrow. I’m excited
about my “new” studio so I hope to have it put back together by the weekend.
I’ll post after pictures then.