Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I'm really frustrated.  I'm participating in a travelling journal swap and I seem to have hit a great big, nasty cement wall  which is blocking my creativity.  I have enough "stuff" to open a good sized store, yet the well seems to have gone dry when it comes to finishing the page. 

I have my background done and have tons of ideas flying around in my head but I can't get anything down on paper.  Theme?  I have no blessed idea.  I'm just totally blank.  I don't know what it is but it's making me crazy ! I don't know where to start, I don't know how to finish and I sure don't know how to cover the distance in between those two points!

I love the idea of art journalling but I can't seem to get out of the box enough to be able to be spontaneous.  This little voice inside me keeps saying "oh, that's stupid" or "what's the point of doing that"?  And I guess deep down inside I really don't know how to put the art and the word together. 

I need to finish these journal pages tonight ...and I will.  I just don't want to send someone a bunch of crap of which I'll be ashamed to admit that I created.  Frustrating, very frustrating !

No comments: