Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can you believe that we're coming to the end of another year and the beginning of a new decade? Where has the time gone?

Christmas was lovely and New Years Eve will be quiet and spent at home. That works just fine for me as I'm getting too old to go out and party like a rock star! We'll watch the hockey game - Canucks vs St. Louis - GO CANUCKS! My daughter and I will have assorted appies, some liquid refreshments and a very quiet and comfortable evening.

Tomorrow friends are coming to share New Years Day dinner with us. I'm making my speciality which is Prime Rib of Beef, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and caesar salad. This is one of my all time favourite meals and it usually gets rave reviews. We'll drink some wine and kill a few brain cells and a good time will be had by all.

It has been an interesting year. We've had lots of challenges and learned to deal with things that my husband always dealt with but which now fall to us since his death. At one point I thought I might actually need to keep a plumber on retainer! Luckily we have friends who help us and I'm comfortable enough that I can pay someone when I need work done, so it's all good. However, it sure would be much better if I actually were to learn some routine maintenance skills. This may be something that I need to pursue in the new year!

Well must run . Best wishes to all of you for a very healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!

No comments: