Monday, November 27, 2006

I participated in my first big craft sale this past weekend. I was so excited and had such high hopes. What a total waste the weekend was! I'm not so upset about not making money, I guess I'm more choked that I put so much time and effort into making new cards and it was a wasted effort. Needless to say I won't be doing that again.

I did receive some positve feedback and I tested a new product - little heart ornaments - and this was very well received. I'm hoping that the shop I work with will carry them for me. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

SOrry you didn't have the turn out you should have-the weather was to blame in part, but I am shocked that that particular one was so poor! Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Anonymous said...

I hear you Sandy!
I did one in November and all I sold were Hershey nuggets in cardstock holders!!! All the time I spent on all the cards, paint cans, covered notebooks, etc. etc. So, when a lady phoned for me to book a table at another craft sale - I said NO.
Its sad that people are willing to pay big bucks for some things but handmade cards they hate paying!!!
Cheer up - you have lots of Christmas gifts now!!!